Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sarah Palin's Right-Hand Gal Waves Good-Bye.

From Politico:

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s senior adviser and spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton has resigned, POLITICO has learned.
Stapleton has been a Palin confidante since December 2006 and one of the governor’s most trusted aides since she was vaulted onto the national political scene by being picked as GOP presidential nominee John McCain’s running mate.
Stapleton said she resigned to spend more time with her husband and 2-year-old daughter, Isabella.
“While it has been an honor to help Gov. Palin and her family over the last few years, I am also honored to have this incredible opportunity to stay home with my precious miracle, Isabella,” Stapleton told POLITICO. “At 2 years old, I have missed significant moments in her life, but I look forward with great happiness to celebrating milestones as well as mundane moments with her as I refocus my priorities. I also look forward to seeing my saint-of-a-husband again, too!”
Since the end of the presidential campaign, Stapleton has been one of only a handful of aides and trusted contacts maintained by Palin through her transition from governor, to national political figure, to author, to Fox News contributor and one of the unofficial leaders of the tea party movement.
In that time, Stapleton was a key strategic adviser and the pipeline for anyone seeking Palin’s attention, including Republican officials and reporters.

(Image via Gawker.)

BeltwayBlips: vote it up!
allvoices

No comments: