Thursday, March 5, 2009

Healthy Choice.


     As a self-employed epileptic, I have been denied a personal health care policy due to my "pre-existing condition." One of the companies denying me--Blue Cross--had covered me as part of a group plan for years, but refused to do so when my status changed to self-employed.
     It's been almost 11 years since the onset of my epilepsy, but being uninsured means my medicine costs me tons more than it should and if I have a seizure and split my head open (or worse)--which has happened on several occasions--I'd have to pay for my care with my left nut.
     This issue is personal for me, and it probably is for you, too. To all of those demagoguing this by spreading lies and false horror stories about "socialized" health care in the United States (that's you, Betsy McCaughey), I have a little something for you:
     It's my other nut, on an hors d'oeuvre stick. Hope you enjoy it.  
allvoices

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone with your condition should have found another job with a company that offered health care. Your independence by being self employed certainly comes at a cost. Hanging your hopes on health care reform becoming a reality is a gamble at best. Look how many times that can has been kicked and resulted in little or no change. You might want to invest in a helmet, who knows, it may start a fashion trend. Good luck buddy.

Anonymous said...

Hey there anonymous. You're a friggin' asshole. How dare you make light of someone else's medical condition. Why don't you go for a ride on a bicycle or motorcycle without a helmet and get hit, so I can laugh at your outcome? Hopefully you will have been shit canned from your job by then and you, too will be uninsured. You know you're going to rot in hell, don't you? But you'll have the support of Rush, Ann, Sean, and all the other scum bags.