Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Tell Tale Signs: The Bootleg Series Vol. 8", Due October 7th.

     "Dreamin' Of You" is an outtake from Bob Dylan's 1997 "Time Out Of Mind" sessions, and will be available on the "Bootleg Series Vol. 8" set, which will be released early next month.
     The video--OK, commercial--stars Harry Dean Stanton, Dylan fan and friend.
     They once performed "Hava Nagila" together on live TV in L.A., for the 1989 Chabad Telethon.
     Around that same time, I was at a Cowboy Junkies show at the Roxy Theatre on the Sunset Strip.
     I needed to use the bathroom, and as I was walking in, Harry Dean Stanton was walking out. 
     That craggy, unsmiling face looked into mine, and I suddenly felt like a fellow drifter at an all-night diner. 
     Harry surely has a presence.

     BTW: I've put up a new set of Dylan "YouTube" song links, called "Bob Dylan Daily", just below the Blog Archive.
     Pretty cool...        
    
allvoices

No comments: