Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cross Your Heart?


Iraq Leader Maliki Supports Obama's Withdrawal Plans

In an interview with SPIEGEL, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Barack Obama's 16 month timeframe for a withdrawal from Iraq is the right one.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki supports US presidential candidate Barack Obama's plan to withdraw US troops from Iraq within 16 months. When asked in an interview with SPIEGEL when he thinks US troops should leave Iraq, Maliki responded "as soon as possible, as far as we are concerned." He then continued: "US presidential candidate Barack Obama talks about 16 months. That, we think, would be the right timeframe for a withdrawal, with the possibility of slight changes."

Never mind world affairs: 

What's up with the pledge, anyway?

Really, though: can a guy without an American flag pin on his jacket (made in China) be taken seriously on the world stage?

I mean, all the Bush dudes wear 'em.

FOX News guys, too.

Ain't that America?

(For you & me?)

I can remember reciting the pledge as a kid.

So, I'm thinking about throwing my hat in the ring as an independent candidate.

It's my belief that I can really shake things up, or things can shake me up.

It wouldn't be the first time for either.

I also know several Vietnam vets here in the South Bay.

I think I can count on one of 'em to be my running mate.

They must be experts like John "DoubleTalk" McBush III, but they drink a little, so maybe they can run after they try to sober up.

(Like McBush's wife did with the pills she stole from her own charity.) 

I will have to kick over the whiners to find someone crooked enough to run with me, though.

Maybe I'll ask Phil Gramm for advice. 

Anyway, back to Iraq: how long until Nouri al-Maliki is accused of incompetence by his puppet masters?

And will Barack Obama make it back to the U.S. before we bomb, bomb, bomb bomb bomb Iran?    

This is your country.

allvoices

No comments: