Friday, July 25, 2008

"Won't You Spare Me Over 'Til Another Year?"

(Ralph Stanley)


In an earlier post, mi sobrino Charles wrote about how he single-handedly had taken a tequila-making family hostage, and demanded their entire stock.

Wait.

He didn't?

Anyway, in that post, I wrote this:

"But I can say that I am lucky enough to have been born into a family of corazones cariñosos gigantes..." 

To share the warmth, here's my sister Julie:

Hi Johnny Russia,

My Flagstaff friend sent me a whole thing by George Carlin and this quote was at the bottom of it. I giggled, read it again and giggled, and thought of you!

     "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '...holy sh*t, what a ride!'"

Love You,
Peanut

As with all legends, Julie has earned a nickname--from me, anyway--and it is "Peanut". 

The finest of all the nuts...

Familia. 

Nada pero amor.

I hate planning, but--if able--I can unequivocally say that I have zero intention of arriving safely, I will be skidding in sideways, I'll certainly be worn out, and I'll be shouting louder than John "DoubleTalk" McBush III at his doped-up, beer heiress trollop of a wife...   

Blue skies...
allvoices

No comments: