Monday, March 17, 2008

Get out and see the world.


     Barack Obama was in Indiana the other day, and spoke of himself as "someone who has little pieces of America all in me". A great, evocative line. 
     Here's a fine column by Richard Cohen of the NY Times. I hope Obama hits BACK at the hit machine--HARD!--and brags about the "little pieces of the WORLD" that have helped form him. 
     Those little pieces stick out of a lot of Americans, so frame them as a strength, and never run, never hide.
     Go South Side on 'em!  
     
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/17/opinion/29cohen.html?hp
allvoices

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Multiculturalism is not a vulgar word and neither should it be. Jack Rabbit, my wife, my daughter, and I have been a multicultural family for the last five years. My wife is Guatemalan, my daughter is African-American and Guatemalan, and I a mixed mutt myself with caucasian, African American, and suspected Native American blood coursing through my veins.
The world is a beautiful place. Get out and see it, experience it, taste it--because once you do, you will realize, that we are more alike than we are different.

JohnnyRussia said...

A big, happy American family!