Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I remember that time snipers shot at me, too!


     Before we get to "Guns Over Chelsea", could you all please leave this "pastor" crap in church already?
     Rewritten from an item in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:     
     Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, in a wide-ranging interview today with Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reporters and editors, said she would have left her church if her pastor made the sort of inflammatory remarks Sen. Barack Obama's former pastor made."He would not have been my pastor," Clinton said. "You don't choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend." 
     And about that little "senior moment" regarding the alleged perils of her trip to Bosnia?
     Clinton said she was "sleep-deprived" and "misspoke" when she said last week that she landed under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia in 1996, when she was first lady. That tidbit also courtesy of the Tribune-Review.
     I often imagine sniper fire when I'm tired, too. But I always shoot back.
     Anyway, does that paper sound familiar to you? It should: it's run by Richard Mellon Scaife, who spent the better part of the 1990's trying to topple both Clinton Administrations.
     Surely you remember the "vast right-wing conspiracy"? 
     (I write that with quotation marks merely to quote the phrase, not because I think it didn't--or doesn't--exist.)  
     But it's 2008, and Hillary loves thine enemies.
     In 2008, don't they all?


allvoices

No comments: