Wanna see something cool?
The image above is this blog viewed in the Flipcard option of Blogger's Dynamic Views. I don't know how long this option has been available--I space out occasionally--but I like it, I like it, yes I do!
Check it out:
The normal URL for this blog is http://jackrabbitcafe.blogspot.com.
Just type /view after that URL for Dynamic Views (the URL then becomes http://jackrabbitcafe.blogspot.com/view.)
Here are the options you'll then have as a reader:
- Mouse over any of the cards to see the post title and comment count. As you scroll down, additional posts will continue to load.
- Click on a card to see the post in full view. You can navigate through the posts using J (older post) and K (newer post) or the arrow keys. Hit escape or click Back to all posts to return to the Flipcard view.
- In the upper left, click to sort by Date, Author and Category.
- Clicking on an individual tile will expand that post to the full width of the view, and clicking again will collapse the post back into its original position.
- The exact position of the tiles is randomly determined each time the blog loads, but they will appear chronologically from top left to bottom right.
- Once a tile is expanded, you can page down by using the "up" and "down" arrow keys as well as J and K.
- This view is optimized for the tablet viewing, and supports screen rotation.
- Optimized for quick reading and browsing.
- Left sidebar is list of chronological posts, with comment counts and thumbnails for individual posts.
- J and K arrow keys will navigate through the posts, and comments can be displayed on the same page by clicking the Show link.
- This view will display only the posts which have images.
- Clicking through any photo will display the full post page, with naviagtion links at the bottom for Newer and Older posts
- Mousing over any photo will display a post snippet
- This view breaks the blog content down into three different areas:
- Left column: Enlarged picture with a post snippet, title, and snipppet displayed in chronological order
- Middle column: Displays just the post title and snippet
- Right column: Displays just the individual post titles
- When searching for posts in this view, the results will be highlighted.
Dynamic Views: told ya it was cool!